It’s the first of November. Can you believe it? It’s crazy how quickly time goes by. 53 Days to Christmas and, more importantly, eight days to the crochet event I’m arranging *she says swallowing
two three Kalms tablets*
With eight days to go, I think I actually have done everything I can:
- The Vera Fletcher Hall deposit is paid and I had a chance to have a look around earlier this week. It’s a great space.
- Wednesday evening John and I bought instant coffee, tea, sugar, milk and instant hot chocolate, purple paper cups, napkins and plastic teaspoons
- We have purple washi tape (you always need washi tape!)
- We have purple place cards for the Master Bakers/Buyers to write on the prices of their baked goods
- I made six purple and white mandalas for the tables and have 10 vases and 10 purple artificial daisies
- John and Pieter’s speeches are written
- My speeches are written
- Lizelle (Pieter’s wife) and Helmien (an old school friend) have been appointed as baristas
- John and Pieter are in charge of the audio visual equipment
- Jane Czaya is demonstrating how to crochet squares together
- I received six of the eight raffle prizes
- The crochet quiz prizes, supplied by Black Sheep Wools, are wrapped
- I thought up the 12 crochet questions and one tie breaker for crochet quiz
- The answer sheets for the quiz are made
- Kidney Research UK has sent me a fundraising pack with cool things
- NHS Organ Donation has sent me pamphlets
- We have a programme and timetable
- About Thames Ditton magazine and the Thames Ditton Residence Association have been tweeting about the event, raising interest in the local area
- My contribution to the baked goods will be baked and donated (!) by Nice Buns Bakery in Thames Ditton High Street
- I received 144 squares so far, which is enough for three blankets
- One and Two Company designed a Kidney Granny Square pattern especially for this charity project! Find the pattern here.
- There’s a Ravelry group here
- We even have our own hashtag for Twitter: #crochet4kidneys
Please come to our event and see what all the fuss is about. John, Pieter, Lizelle and I really hope to see you there! If you decide to come, please use the Registration form here, to tell us you’ll be there. It would be GREAT to know how many people to expect.
Sounds as if you are very well organised. X
I have to be, otherwise I stress myself out with all the unknowns. I’m not a “on the fly” kinda person. Lists that I can tick off soothes the sole 🙂
I am so with you 🙂
Well done, hope it goes well, sounds like you’re ready.
I’m sure it will go brilliantly. Look froward to hearing all about it next week.