I received a Versatile Blogger award yesterday. Yeah!!!
I was given the award by Sara from the Sincerely,Sara blog. Thank you so much Sara! Sara is a crafty wife, mum and student. (Where she finds the time to fit in crafting heaven knows!) We both crochet and blog about it – we even have the same WordPress theme for our blogs! Her blog is a pleasure to read. Do yourself a favour and add her to your blogroll.
Now that I have been awarded this coveted award, I have to do a couple of things. The Rules state:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I’ve done 1 and 2, so here is 3 and 4.
The 15 blogs that I nominate for an award, and I follow regularly are:
- Cherry Heart
- According to Matt
- Eat Drink Chic
- Haken en Meer
- Eclectic Gypsyland
- Dutch Girl Diary
- One Sheepish Girl
- The Yvestown Blog
- One I Made Earlier Today
- Oh So Lovely
- I love pom-poms
- Wood & Wool Stool
- Rose hip
Now for number 5. I’ve already told you 10 things about myself here, so I really had to pick my brains to find seven more, but here goes.
- I really don’t like roses or carnations.
- I really do like sweet peas and tulips.
- I’m fascinated by giraffes. Lately I’ve been seeing them all around in photos, clothing, on the internet etc. Never seen one in real life though.
- I have only one pair of black socks. All my other socks (and there are many) are bright & patterned.
- For his 60th birthday, John and I are giving my Dad a 10 day holiday with us here in the UK. It will be the first time he visits us in our home – we’ve been here for eight years so you can imagine the excitement levels.
- I think John makes the best tea and he thinks I make the best coffee. A conversation about hot drinks usually goes like this: “Would you like a cup of tea?” “Oooh, yes please! Would you like a coffee?” “Oooh, yes please! Let’s go.” Off we both go to the kitchen to make each other a tea / coffee. I think it must look really weird to outsiders: he makes tea, I make coffee and when it’s done we switch the mugs.
- I have a playlist on my iPod called “Crochet tunes”. The Script, Keane, Adele, Nickleback, Kings of Leon and Train gets me in a hooky mood.
I hope I could introduce you to at least one new blog and that you weren’t too bored by the seven random things about myself.
Thanks again Sara for the award 🙂